Johnson County Programs

If you live in Johnson County and need assistance please contact Catholic Charities.

Catholic Charities

333 E. Poplar
Olathe, KS 66061
(913) 782-4077
Fax:  (913) 254-3337
Johnson County Housing Services- HOME Rehabilitation Program
12425 West 87th Street Parkway
Lenexa, KS 66215
913.715.6612       (Sue Carter)
  • The home must be located in Johnson County, Kansas.
  • The applicant must own and occupy his or her home as their primary residence.
  • If the home is secured by a mortgage, the payment must be current.
  • The repairs must cost a minimum of $1,000 to correct.
  • Total household gross income cannot exceed the 80 percent low to medium limit as set by HUD.
  • The value of the home assisted property after rehabilitation must not exceed 95 percent of the median purchase price for the area, as published by HUD.  Home appraised values can change, please contact us for current values.
  • All property taxes on the property must be current.
  • Adequate homeowner’s insurance must be in effect.
  • There can be only one lien holder on the property at the time of application.
Johnson County Housing Services- Minor Home Rehabilitation Program(MHR)
12425 West 87th Street Parkway
Lenexa, KS 66215
913.715.6612 (Sue Carter)
  • You must be a resident of Johnson County, Kansas.
  • Your annual gross income cannot exceed 80 percent of the median-income guidelines, as published annually by HUD.
  • You must own and occupy your home as your primary residence, be current on the payment of property taxes, and your home cannot be for sale.
  • If in the City of Overland Park appraised value of home appraised values can change, please contact us for current values.


The Kansas Weatherization Assistance Program provides housing improvements that increase energy efficiency in income-eligible, single or multi-family dwellings, rental homes, and manufactured homes.  Weatherization services may include:

*Cleaning and tuning up of the furnace to assure efficiency and safety or replacement of furnace if necessary.

*Sealing leaks in heating system.

*Repairing broken glass in windows.

*Sealing holes in outside walls and ceiling for insulation installation.

*Insulating attic areas.

*Insulating exterior walls.

ECKAN Weatherization
P.O. Box 40
Ottawa, KS  66067
(785) 242-6413