Need help with high utility bills? ECKAN may be able to provide at no cost to you housing improvements to lower your bills, make your home warmer and increase safety in income-eligible, single or multi-family dwellings, rental homes, and manufactured homes. Click on the picture to see if you are eligible.
- The home must be located in Johnson County, Kansas.
- The applicant must own and occupy his or her home as their primary residence.
- If the home is secured by a mortgage, the payment must be current.
- The repairs must cost a minimum of $1,000 to correct.
- Total household gross income cannot exceed the 80 percent low to medium limit as set by HUD.
- The value of the home assisted property after rehabilitation must not exceed 95 percent of the median purchase price for the area, as published by HUD. Home appraised values can change, please contact us for current values.
- All property taxes on the property must be current.
- Adequate homeowner’s insurance must be in effect.
- There can be only one lien holder on the property at the time of application.
- You must be a resident of Johnson County, Kansas.
- Your annual gross income cannot exceed 80 percent of the median-income guidelines, as published annually by HUD.
- You must own and occupy your home as your primary residence, be current on the payment of property taxes, and your home cannot be for sale.
- If in the City of Overland Park appraised value of home appraised values can change, please contact us for current values.